BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

What people think and steadily rising nervousness.

What people think....

I thought I would share what others think about my newfound employment at Hooters.

I will start by saying that I am doing this because I want to do it and I am beyond excited about it. I do not do things because others want me to, and I do not refrain from doing things because others don't approve.

I asked my mom a couple weeks ago what she thought about me applying at Hooters.

Mom: They're not allowed to touch you are they?
Me: Never!
Mom: Then go make that money!

I love my mom more than anything in this entire world. :)

My middle sister seemed slightly indifferent when I first told her, but we have had lots of fun talking about the things I will be wearing/doing/dealing with, and she is always supportive of anything that I want to do. As long as I am happy she (and the rest of my family, for that matter) are happy for me. Part of our amusement includes a Hooters song written to the tune of "Don't Trust Me" by 3OH!3. I will post it shortly. You will be amused.

One friend responded to one of my tweets by saying DO NOT WORK AT HOOTERS! to which I replied that I had already gotten hired, and start this friday. She did not respond. She is also religious, and I am not in the slightest. *sigh*

Another friend of mine from my current place of employment says that she would love to work at hooters, if her body weren't covered in tattoos, and her face in piercings. I love her to death though, and she has a perfect personality for Hooters honestly.

Upon posting at status on facebook about my newfound place of employment, it was immediately "liked" by 4 of my male friends (3 of which I barely speak to) and one of my college instructors. It was also commented upon by many; some men voicing their approval and promising to come see me and enjoy the views, and others from girls warning me about the "pervs" and sexual harassment. I will take this opportunity to say that I firmly believe they are jealous, and I don't care how cocky that makes me sound, I believe it's the truth. And the guys, I honestly don't think they're being creepy, but it just goes to show how much attention it's already bringing.

Some of my girl friends are totally excited for me though. One has said on multiple occasions "I'm so excited that my best friend is a Hooters girl!"

I'd also like to take this time to state that I didn't decide to work at Hooters for attention. This is honestly something I really want to do. I am beyond excited about something new in my life, and believe me, I need it. I'm hoping to gain at least a few genuine friends from the experience, and of course be amused by silly drama and ridiculous customers. I'm psyched, and can't wait to start and share my stories.

Rising Nervousness...

So I've become recently obsessed with The Hooters Girl blog. I've been reading it constantly. One because I find her witty and amusing, and two because I'm trying to prepare myself for what is to come with my job as much as possible. Honestly though...I think it's making me more nervous than I already was before! I mean....hula hooping while pouring beer is just hilarious...but the tests, and the "shop" and ugh...it's just all making me so nervous.

I honestly don't know what. It's not something that I haven't done before. As I said, I've had two serving jobs already so it's all the norm for being a waitress.

I honestly think I'm just really nervous because I want it to work so bad, and I want to succeed so much.

One thing helping me keep my confidence? The fact that I consider myself an intelligent girl, and well...I'm not going to overgeneralize but I know there there are some girls that work at Hooters that are..well...not so much.

I know I can do this.

-Nervous New Hooters Girl-

No comments:

Post a Comment