BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Hooters Orientation

I had dreams of Hooters all night last night.

I wasn't feeling well at all this morning due to good old ulcerative colitis (yeah, a REAL sexy disease, let me tell you) and so I couldn't even force myself to eat more than a cracker with cheese on it. I started to get ready for my orientation, blocking out an hour driving time. I wasn't thinking that the location is actually a little over an hour away, but I thought I'd still be fine.

Traffic was STUPID! My orientation was at 2:30 and apparently there was some sort of 2:30 rush which caused me to be about 10 minutes late. Great second impression, especially when they stressed the importance of punctuality during my interviews. GM wasn't mad though. Didn't even mention it in fact. I'll just have to be more careful in the future so I don't make a horrible first impression as the perpetually late new girl.

Orientations are the boring part of new jobs. We went through the Hooters employee handbook. I signed about a million different papers. Filled out tax forms which always confuse me, but GM helped me out. He gave me the Hooters girl study packet and the Hooters girl liquor study packet so that I can study for my upcoming tests.

I'm extremely nervous. I'm only 20 so of course I really don't go out to bars or clubs or the like, and I honestly don't have time to drink all the much otherwise either. This means that I know slim to none about alcoholic beverages. *sigh* These tests are going to be rough.

The most exciting part was getting my uniform. I have been waiting for this since I got hired! I was sad to find out the I bought the wrong shoes, as mine are not slip resistant. Boo. So I have to take those back and get the slip resistant ones. GM took me back to the office, looked me over and exclaimed "Gosh, you're tiny!" Then he asked me how big my waist is. I told him I wear a 0-1 in jeans. He gave me an xs shirt (due to my size C breasts) and xxs shorts. He got my socks and pantyhose from a vending machine in the back which I found extremely amusing and told me to go into the bathroom and change. The pantyhose are extremely tight, and the socks are comically 80s, but I looked damn good! Minus the fact that I was wearing a white bra which was extremely obvious through my tanktop I looked sexy! Those tanktops though...man are they stretchy! The shorts are beyond tiny as well, but not so tiny that my ass hangs out, which is good. I like to think I have a nice, perfectly cute-sized butt, but the pantyhose squeesh it down a wee bit. I don't mind too bad though because at least my shorts don't look like underpants!

My first day of training is Monday. I train again on Tuesday. The next day I work after that is Friday which is *drumroll please* DAISY DUKE DAY!

Explanation? I'm not sure if it is all of the Hooters, but apparently at least some of them do dress up days once a month now. Last month I visited a Hooters on "Naughty School Girl Day". Apparently this Friday is Daisy Duke Day! I'm not sure how much freedom I have over what I wear though, so we'll find out. GM asked me if I wanted to work. He told me it was my choice since it was a dress up day. I told him I didn't mind working it at all!

I'm really excited about having such a fun job!

That's all for now.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. OMG, what????? There are days like that??!! Wearing costumes is a huge hobby of mine. I MUST WORK HERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm applying at hooters tomorrow and i'm so nervous cause I wear a size 11 but my boobs are a 38DDD and I get complemented on my smile and eyes alot.I need some advice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in the same boat as Tiffany. I'm applying tomorrow and a little worried, because I wear a Size 14/15 because my butt is a little on the Beyonce' side and my boobs are a 42D. So can I have some advice please. I applied there last year but it has been awhile since I've been back..

    ReplyDelete