BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Finals+Training=STRESSED

I am quite possibly the biggest procrastinator you will ever meet. Or not meet, because I will probably never meet any of you in my life.

Moving on.

This week is my last of school before summer break. I take 5 classes per quarter, and as previously mention, I am a HUGE procrastinator, therefore...I didn't even start working on my final projects until today. Today also happened to be a family day since it was the last day my sister and her husband were in town visiting. That means my other sister, her husband, and my nephew also came over, and so did my grandma and my ex boyfriend. (long story why we broke up, even more confusing why he was at my family day). So I had to juggle spending time with the family and such while attempting to get homework done for school, not to mention studying the packets Hooters gave me to look over to prepare for my tests.

*sigh*

It's been a busy busy day. Unlike my family, I couldn't fully relax and enjoy the sun/games/pond/everything. I did still have a great time, I just never really relaxed. I still am extremely stressed and in slight freak-out mode right now, but I'm trying to calm down.

On the plus side, I'm extremely proud of my progress I've made today.

I have the entire Hooters Girl liquor study packet memorized. Memorization has always been a strong point of mine. I know all of our liquors we have and I can tell you all the ingredients and garnishes to all of Hooters signature drinks. I know all of the mixers, and all of our juices, along with our different glasses, and what drinks they are used for.

**WE DO NOT SERVE JAGER BOMBS, WE SERVER HOOTERS BOMBS!**

They also gave me another packet to look over, but complete memorization of that is going to take a little while. It contains all of the menu items and their garnishes, and what comes on them and such.

I do, however, have the 12 steps of service memorized.
#1 Greet all guests entering the restaraunt.
#2 Greet your table, Introduce yourself, Take beverage and app order
#3 Drop off app. setups, drinks, and take food order,
#4 Drop off setups for meal
#5 Entertain your guests!
#6 Secret Service (007)
#7 Drop off food
#8 Check back (2 bites, 2 minutes)
#9 Teamwork!
#10 Sell merch!
#11 Coffee and dessert!
#12 Present check.

Yep, I did that without looking. you'd be even more impressed if you knew how extensive my liquor knowledge is.

I swear, if GM doesn't test me over all this liquor shit I'm going to tell him that he should, just so he knows how good I am.

Needless to say, today was a fairly productive day. I got to have tons of fun with my loved ones, got the finals for two of my classes finished, and prepared myself more for my upcoming job. I'm still feeling extremely stressed though because the finals for my last three classes are going to be due before I know it, and I haven't even started them.

*deep breath*

I train tomorrow at 10:28? (random time, but I swear that's what he said...I asked him to repeat himself like 3 times and that's what I heard every time....) same time on Tuesday, and then not again until Friday (Daisy Duke Day!) and again on Saturday.

I'm gonna be ttiiiiiirreedddddd....


P.S. Tony Bellissimo added me on facebook. I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment